Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
William Wallshein P.A Motto

West Palm Beach Family Lawyer

Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving South Florida

If you have ever been involved in a family law matter, you know how emotionally taxing it can be. Few legal issues are harder fought than those involving divorce, property division, and child custody. All of these matters fall under the broad umbrella of Florida family law. If you are involved in a situation where you need a family law attorney, contact William Wallshein, a knowledgeable West Palm Beach family lawyer. I serve clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County, and throughout South Florida.

Dedicated Representation, No Matter the Situation

Family law issues can vary, and so should the legal representation used to resolve them. Whether you are involved in a heated or amicable divorce, or are looking to modify a custody or child support order, the type of representation and skills necessary differ. I have been assisting clients with all types of Florida family law issues since 1990, and have helped thousands of clients achieve favorable results.

I have successfully represented clients with regard to legal matters including but not limited to:

  • Divorce (including high-net-worth divorces)
  • Child custody, visitation, and joint parenting plans
  • Child support orders (including modification of child support orders)
  • Property division
  • Modification and enforcement of child support, custody, and spousal support orders
  • Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
  • Establishing paternity
  • Securing restraining orders in domestic violence situations

Dedicated and Specific Representation in all Child Custody Matters

An issue common to many family law cases is child custody. In Florida, the guiding principle in all child custody matters is what is in the best interest of the child. It is generally a court’s preference to implement a joint parenting plan, as long as that is in the best interest of the child. Even if a joint parenting plan is not possible, the court will generally allow the non-custodial parent visitation, which can take a number of forms.

When one parent has primary custody of the child, the non-custodial parent may be responsible for child support payments, payable to the custodial parent. While the child support payments are made to the custodial parent, they are for the benefit of the child, and therefore can generally not be negotiated as a part of a divorce settlement or prenuptial agreement. In cases where one party wishes to change or modify the child support order, that parent can petition the court to do so, but must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the origination of the order.

Rely on Experienced West Palm Beach Family Law Counsel

If you are involved in any sort of Florida family law issue, you should contact an experienced West Palm Beach family lawyer as soon as possible. No matter what kind of family law issue you are facing, I will provide you with the upfront, honest, and sincere advice that will give you good idea as to what kind of legal landscape you are facing. From there, we can work together to ensure that you have the best possible chance to reach the result that you desire. My offices are conveniently located in both West Palm Beach and West Palm Beach. Contact us online or call 561-533-1221 to schedule your free initial consultation today. I accept credit cards.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation